• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the general concensus? WinXP IDE or nf2 IDE (2.78s)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jhbball

lmk what you guys think. i'm trying to decide whether to keep the standard 2.78's ide driver, or go to the default windows.

I can see how it might appear as "spamming", but a quick perusal of your previous posts, and the fact these three here are 12 hours apart, leads me to think that it's not.

It's good to see our Forum members care enough to keep an eye out for this type of stuff.

Wish I could answer your question...I've got a NF7-S 2.0 myself...I'd be curious as to the answer as well... ;)

I chose the nf2 drivers. The new one was actually incompatible with my Liteon cdrw so had to roll back to an older one. But I've used both and never had any problem with either one though besides the updated one.

i'm on a slave 8GB hard drive. it's my back incase my main WD80GB and my back up WD80GB both fail. guess what...

if you're really worried try it out. use PC mark or an app called "performance test" to bench your disks with each driver.

Back