• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 Deluxe and memory ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HvH

Registered
Hello everyone;)

My system at the moment :

P4 2533mhz--P4P800 Deluxe--2x DDR 333 Samsung--Hercules 9800Pro--Audigy 2--80GB.

I want to buy....a 2.4C, because its a very good overclocker ??
(or is a 2.6C better ??)

Now the main question is...what good memory to buy ??
I have not to much to spend, after my Hercules 9800Pro.

About cooling ?? that Zalman cooling ??

Thanks for taking time to read this:)

HvH.

Isn't that you on the Asusboards??? :p

I just replied to your last post.

-Bobby

Are you BobbyC ?? :D

Its me....Bobby:p

Just want more opinions....thats all, you get a lot of info over here, its a great Forum too.

HvH;)

You don't have to reply...I have your answer already:p

LOL yep, that's me.

You should do a search. That's where I've been getting most of my info. I've been looking at specific memory, then searching on them and seeing what people had to say about it. Make sure you read the ones from 875/865 owners and not AMD or other intel chipsets as you'll get very different opinions.

-Bobby

I am running my 2.4 B with my P4P800 Deluxe, and its quite OK. I am saving for the 2.4c.
Currently, I am running my memory faster than my FSB just to get PAT. I set my FSB at 160 and put in the 333 MHz (4:5) divider, enabled MAM, and set TURBO, and I saw the memory at 200 MHz in CPU-Z.
But I don;t know how to check for the PAT if it is really enabled? My Sandra bandwidth scores improved to 4088 MB/sec, earlier it was 3800 without PAT.
But is there any benchie that really tells if PAT is enabled or not?

Also, is it better to run the memory faster than the FSB, or run it at 1:1 ratio and try to get the max CPU clock speed.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

I am almost sure I buy the 2.4C, but I saw that you must buy some good memory...when using this 2.4C.

I wonder, if you buy the 2.8C....the memory is less important.

Is this correct ????

It looks like you must find the wright the balance between them.

But what to do.....you can spend your money just one time:p

Please....overclockers don't let me down.

HvH;)

This maybe ??

512MB PC3500 DDR DIMM

Manufacturer: Corsair

Last edited:
Filagt - Chech out THIS thread for more info on how to find out if PAT is enabled.

HvH - You'll need good memory with any of the 800 fsb cpu's.

From what I've noticed, corsair is binning their 3200 chips so they can sell the better performers as 3500 or 3700. It's the same with most companies now so I'm staying away from them.

-Bobby

Last edited:
I don't think there is a "best" memory for overclocking. Each module is different and it's pretty much luck of the draw. Like my XMS 3200 (v1.2). Others are having better luck than I am on the same board but the majority is having the same problems.

From what I've been reading, OCZ Gold seems to work well on our boards. There are a few that like Kingston HyperX 3500's too.

-Bobby

So its a little luck you must have too:)

So maybe Samsung DDR 400 can give also good results ??

Bobby....is it better 512 in one DIMM-slot or better 2 sticks of 256 ??

hansje;)

Bobby thanks for your replies:)

filagt..you also of course.

Bobby when I get my P4 2.4C and 2-sticks of whatever...I let you know, what my results are.

See you;)

HvH.

Thanks, Bobby for the link. Yes, now I know using Ctiaw you can find out PAT is enabled or not.
I found PAT mode is Fully Enabled.
HvH, you should go abd buy a 2.4C with some Corsair TWINX PC4000, and you will get the best deal. Even PC3500 is good. The memory I have is Corsair TWINX PC 3200. Its OK for the 2.4B but when I get the 2.4C it will have to be traded for a PC4000 or something.
Also, I found out that running the FSB to the max. is the key to better performance than running the memory to the max.
Anyway, best of luck in your overclocking.

filagt.......thanks;)

I go for the 3500, thats the one I can effort, after buying the 2.4C with the extra cooler(Zalman)

Which brand.......its a secret:p

HvH;)

OCZ.......looks very good indeed.

Red very good results with them;)

HvH.

Yes, I know I have heard OCZ is the one. I wonder if they have come out with PC4000 OCZ?

Ram

I've currently got a P4P800 dlx with a P4 2.4C oc'd @3.0 . I'm using Corsair xms 3200c2. This ram is good but if you really want to OC try xms3500 as this is what Corsair digs for this board. Ive read mixed reviews on various forums about xms 3700. Corsair also has new xms4000 ram out, but its pricey as well as "new and untested".
Anyhow, I wish I had gone with the xms 3500 or maybe ocz's 3500 as I could sqeeze a good more juice out of that 2.4C :>

I brought it to my PC-shop today.

This is what I get:

P4 2.4C---Zalman cooler---2x 256 sticks 3500 Corsair.

I know I red good and bad things about Corsair, with a P4P800 Deluxe....3500 Corsair seems the best choice:)

3700 and 3200 can........I say can give trouble.

Total system will be:

P4P800 Deluxe--P4 2.4C--2x 256 3500 Corsair--Hercules 9800 Pro
Audigy2--Zalman Cooler--400W...............not bad I think:p

hansje;)

themiz4jc, saw just your post...I did the wright thing:D

Back