• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Artic Silver III 3 grams or 6 grams?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

just a simple quick question. How much is 3 grams? Is that a good amount, or should I get the 6 grams tube? Also, will the stuff ever go bad? Because if it will never go bad I might just get the 6 gram tube. Thanks.

3grams should be enough for 20-30 applications.

It won't go bad but there's probably better stuff out there before you use it all up. Right now, ceramique is supposed to be better than AS3. And it cheaper too! :D

-Bobby

three grams is plenty, and as Bobby said you prolly not going to use it all before you get some new stuff anyway

Are those two really better? I thought AS3 was the best? Oh well, if it's cheaper, AND better why should I complain :D Well, what would be better of the two mentioned? Nanotherm pcm+ or ceramique? Thanks!

I've never heard of Nanotherm. Ceramique is made by Arctic Silver. It's their new compound. Some tests say that it's 1°C cooler than AS3 but that's still debateable. I have both and for some reason I think they're just about even. Applying them is about the same too but some will say one is easier to apply than the other. I don't see it. Ceramique is also non-conductive.

-Bobby

check out the thread ceramique or AS3 or saomething like that supposedly nanotherm PCM + out does ceramique but its doubke the money and im not sure how reliable the info is since all the good stuff comes from a guy named nanotherm... and im boycotting xoxide for crappy x-hours so id go with ceramique.

Well, I'll just try Ceramique then. It is cheaper and I guess it is better. Even if it isn't better, it has to at least be as good as AS3! Thanks for the help everyone!

Robrules18 said:
and im boycotting xoxide for crappy x-hours so id go with ceramique.

LOL:D

Well, I'll just try Ceramique then. It is cheaper and I guess it is better. Even if it isn't better, it has to at least be as good as AS3! Thanks for the help everyone!

just make sure you apply it right

Back