• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7N2 and 2400 just shuts down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Timmybighands

I'll be working on the machine. Not stessing it or anything. Just installing some programs or whatever, and the machine just shuts off. It's weird. When I turn it back on, the CPU temp is around 50c, or 120f. Do you think it's just too hot? It's done this more than 6 times now. Sometimes it runs two hours, sometimes only 10 minutes. It cant be the power supply...

bought the new raidmax the other day... still shutting down intermittantly. The raidmax does not have a sticker on the side, just black with screenprinted RAIDMAX silent cooling energetic thing on the bottom.

Well there is one more thing you can do in order to find out is it PSU. Ask any of your friends (if they have a good one) to give it to you just to test it.

I hope you sort it out man :)

Alrighty... I changed the HS and fan to a copper SLK-800 and PRESTO, problem solved. Been running for 9 hours now, no problems. I love easy fixes.

By the way, when I took the old HS off, it was SERIOUSLY hot, I mean, I got a blister on my hand from it! I think the temp was wrong or something, cuz DAMN it hurt!

Back