• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time for a change

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZeroKelvin

Hello all....its been awhile since I posted last.

I need to change out some stuff on my system. My current system below took a dump from the over voltage settings I think. This is what I am considering to do next.......

---------------------------------
Abit NF7-S with an XP2500.
XMS3200 C2 1-512 Mb
Geforce Ti4600
CPU and Video both Water-cooled
2 WD 60GB HD 7200
-----------------------------------

My questions......

1. What can I expect (overclocking) from this setup?
2. Which stepping should I look for...getting cpu from newegg?
3. Is this the best motherboard I can get for overclocking?

Thanks for any and all comments and suggestions!!!

ZeroKelvin said:
Hello all....its been awhile since I posted last.

I need to change out some stuff on my system. My current system below took a dump from the over voltage settings I think. This is what I am considering to do next.......

---------------------------------
Abit NF7-S with an XP2500.
XMS3200 C2 1-512 Mb
Geforce Ti4600
CPU and Video both Water-cooled
2 WD 60GB HD 7200
-----------------------------------

My questions......

1. What can I expect (overclocking) from this setup?
2. Which stepping should I look for...getting cpu from newegg?
3. Is this the best motherboard I can get for overclocking?

Thanks for any and all comments and suggestions!!!

Good but i would pick up some faster ram, a 9800 pro, and 2 sata drives to run in a raid setup.

which ram would you recommend.....also what about the Geforce 5900....can my WD run in raid with this motherboard?

Thanks

All your selected parts look good. Currently the 2500+ stepping from Newegg is AXQEA. Most chips will do [email protected] and tops out 2.5~[email protected] depending on your cooling.
The XMS3200 is plenty fast unless you plan on running faster than 230 fsb. I have XMS 3200 that runs as well as my 3500. It tops out at 236@ 2.9v with 2-3-2-11 timings.

If you are a big game player then get a 9800pro or wait a couple months and get the New ATI card that will be announced shortly.

Yes you can use your WD in raid but you will need another SATA converter.

Back