• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4c800+2.8c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pixel

ok i have an ic7-g and a p4c800 and i decided to switch out and play with my asus board and i cant find the ratios. i went to where it says manual ocing or whatever and i dont see it it just says frequency ram is at 400 cpu is at 200 and i dunno i cant find 1:1 5:4 and all that goodness. help please

Abit?

Wouldn't this question best be answered in the Abit forum? After all we don't go there and ask questions about the Asus board...

the p4c800 is an asus board...which is really weird to me kuz in ur sig it says u own it maybe you just cant read?

First goto JumperFree Configuration
Select Manual
Memory Frequency is what you're looking for 266mhz 3:2, 320mhz 5:4, 400mhz 1:1

If this is wrong, hit search at the top, there should be a lot of threads regarding this issue.

phpguru

Your right

Pixel said:
the p4c800 is an asus board...which is really weird to me kuz in ur sig it says u own it maybe you just cant read?

There ya go, you hit the nail on the head, I CAN'T READ...

"ok i have an ic7-g and a p4c800 and i decided to switch out "

I must have been in to big a hurry this morning and didn't read what was written... Sorry bout that... The only thing that registered with me when I read it was IC7-G... and i read what you had down for a system which was Abit...

The memory ratios you are looking for are under the ADVANCED drop down in the bios menu. They are 266, 320, 400. The 400 setting is the 1 to 1 setting. You can use that one to max out your ram, but you may have to use the 320 setting to max out your cpu. However, with the 3700 ram ram you show at 1 to 1 you may do it at the 400 setting.

These settings are for a p4c800 and a p4 3.0, but they should give you something to work with as a starting point anyway...See, I didn't miss the fact that you had a 2.8 this time... You might try asking MIST as I think he also has the 2.8 cpu.

Try these settings on your ASUS board....(see I'm on the right board now....) :D

CPU EXT FREQ = 232
DRAM FREQ = 320
AGP/PCI = 66/33
CPU VCORE = 1.70V
DDR REF = 2.75
AGP = 1.60V

HIT ESCP AND GO DOWN ABOUT 3 TO CHIPSET MENU

CHANGE TO MANUAL

CAS =2.5
RAS = 3
RAS TO CAS = 3
PRECHARGE = 7
BURST = 4

HIT F10 SAVE AND REBOOT

Those settings should boot up to about 3.4 or so. If it does then go back and change the CPU FREQ to a couple numbers higher and reboot. Keep doing this till it won't boot any more and then back off to the last one that did. This will probably be about as far as you are going to get. From there you can start playing with the ram timings, go for 2-2-2-5-4 if you can get it. Once you are there and stable, then drop back on the voltages. Try to run all the voltatges as close to default as you can, things will run cooler if you do.

Sorry about the bad reading this morning... Must be having another of my senior moments... You know how it is, once your over 40 they come with regularity...and being over 65 they sometimes just take over...

Last edited:
hehe awesome dude! thanks sorry but going off like that it just annoys me when people try to be ****y on forums its just impolite in genernal but u definatly gave me more info than i needed which is a total plus

No problem

Pixel said:
hehe awesome dude! thanks sorry but going off like that it just annoys me when people try to be ****y on forums its just impolite in genernal but u definatly gave me more info than i needed which is a total plus

Don't worry about it, i should have read everything a second time before answering it so it was my fault really. I know what you mean though, there are a lot of real jerks out there sometimes.

Always glad to help when I can, I don't know much, but I know how it is to be lost and needing a bit of help, and not getting it...let us know how it works out for you on the oc...

hehe yea computer buying is really crazy its like buying stock or something like right now im worried about vidcards and ram...im gonna get some hyperx 3500 ram and vidcard....mmmm ill wait till after doom3 comes out

Back