• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good WC kit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cow2kie

Whats a good water cooling kit for starters that dont want to order from lots of diff places and put together. A kit that isnt really expensive, but still does the job. ????????????????

i would recommend that u reconsider ur thoughts about buying a kit. They are not even close to the price/performance ratio that something that you make will have. If u dont want to order lots of different parts from lots of places then i think u should pick out about two stores such as cooltechinca.com and dtekcustoms.com. I have not done any water cooling b4 and im about to take the plunge in about a week after im done building another AMD rig for my cousin.

ill second that opinion after reading the link....those are the most common parts found in a watercooling system....you can obiously change out the pump and and use a different waterblock....but that link sums up the general system

The problem with kits is for the most part they use small tubing and parts. Also they usually cost more than building a setup and have shorter lifespans from what I have read. If I were to buy a kit though I would buy a swiftech, the blocks you get with it are top end.

Cow2kie said:
so there are no good prepacked kits?

None good enough for me.

The performance I get out of my WORST water cooling system is better than the best kit available on the market.

For about $120 (shipping not included) I could buy each component needed to water cool a cpu and get temps at least 3 or 4 degrees celsius lower than the best kit around. And it would be quieter too. :)
And that includes paying about $60 USD for a water block.

That is about $100 USD less than the better kits....

Now don't get me wrong, there are some decent kits available:
*Corsair's HydroCool (external)
*Asetek's WaterChill looks like it will do well (and hopefully will be reviewed here before long ;))
*Swiftech stuff is always good, but personally I think it's best when used with Pelts- possibly none better with Pelts in fact- but for straight water cooling they seem to be a bit behind right now.
My first water cooling setup was the Swiftech H202c kit, BTW.

But for the money those kits cost I could almost build TWO water cooling systems that perform better.

And I am not the best or most experienced member we have when it comes to water cooling......many are MUCH better at it than I am :D

And THAT is why it is tough to get anyone in here to recommend a water cooling kit ;)

What do you guys think of the Aquastealth kits? (link)

Note that they use the Slit Edge waterblock, and not the one pictured in the kit.

Its more like a package than a kit, since all they was gather a bunch of parts together. The price seems good, and it saves a lot time and effort that would be required to shop around for the parts.

Back