• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 front intake fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFIsoldier

ok, i have 2 fans to put in the front of my case as an intake...but do i need to mod it to get better airflow or should it be good as it is?(no vents in the front of the case..covered by plastic)

The idea of intakes are to bring in the cooler ambient air into your case. Are you sure there's no vents around the fans? If there aren't, you should cut some material out to allow some cooler air in. I just recently dremeled off a bunch of tiny holes off my front intake fans to allow more free air flow.

-Bobby

generic case + need for more air + a LOT of time + dremel + bondo quick fix + black paint =

casefront.JPG

:D

red X..... and yes you defnitely need to drill some kind of holes to let in air

You need some more paint for those cd drive faceplates :p

Nice work though :D

-Bobby

Bobby said:
You need some more paint for those cd drive faceplates :p

Nice work though :D

-Bobby

yeah....was thinking about that... Probably will do it later. I'm tired of working on it for now :)

Still haven't sanded the case enough, but egh

Heh. I was just giving you a hard time :D. I just painted my faceplates not too long ago.

-Bobby

Bobby said:
Heh. I was just giving you a hard time :D. I just painted my faceplates not too long ago.

-Bobby

it'll be hard to see the seperate things on the front of my case in low light situations...

The case is under the table,and I already have a hard enough time sometimes seeing the floppy drive. :D:D:D

I have a door that covers both drives but I still painted them.

Without the door.
IMG_0142.jpg

-Bobby

Back