• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hydor L20 problem? (with inlet)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

myarrowsaim

Has anybody had this problem?
I have had this running for about 2 months now, and over the weekend the inlet of my pump started leaking badly. I made sure the notch was setup right and the mount was clicked in but it still leaks.
It is annoying! The plastic blue snap down piece has always made me nervous though.....

The inlet on this pump does not use threads.
It just seats in and has a plastic lockdown piece.
Very sketchy I think.

i have an l30 and unless they are diferent then it does have threads on the blue plastic that snap into place but that doesnt sound like your problem onec you remove the blue peice you will see a black piece that comes out and it also has the barbed part with threads on it that ataches so that there are 2 black peices that screw together and pop into the main body

check to make sure that that is tight and sealed

The thread you are referring to is above where the entire shaft fits in and then gets snapped down by the blue piece.
It leaks pretty bad now and it never used to so I guess I will just get a new pump.

I had the same problem with the L20. I put some sealant on the O ring and no more leaks.

i had the same problem with my l20...(suprisingly) I tried sealing it up with some plumbers goop and it started leaking out of pretty much everywhere....I ended up getting a new pump.

I bought that "as new" on ebay....what a joke...ebay doesnt care and the seller doesnt respond to any emails. Live and learn

Back