• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hows this for my first setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gbcue

Registered
Well, my current computer is too loud and I hope that WC'ing can quiet it down a bit.

DangerDen Maze4 - $35.00
DangerDen Maze4 GPU - $46.99
Hydor L30 - $46.99
10' Home Depot 1/2” ID, 3/4” OD, 1/8” WALL tubing - $4.46
Baz-Res - $25.00
87 Chevette HC + fittings, rubbermade shrouds etc - $30.00

I still need a container, I want to do an external system. AND I still need to buy new fans to replace my loud ones, like 3x 120mm Vantec Stealths, 2x 80mm Vantec Stealths.

Total ~ $190.00

Can I make this system any cheaper? Maybe by using a cheaper GPU cooler of equal or better cooling?

Looks quite nice overall. You could cut costs in a couple of places, though. If it will fit on your video card, I'd suggest this for a GPU waterblock. The Hydor is said to be very nice pump, but so are some cheaper offerings from Danner, Maxijet and Via Aqua that you may want to look into. I'd personally ditch the Bay-res, and if you absolutely must have a resevoir, you could just use a tupperware container.

Edit: 3Y3 4M t3|-| pWnz()R 1337th post!

The problem with that GPU block is that it has 3/8" barbs. I don't want to have extra adapters to slow the flow rate...

Also, the abcence of an O-ring scares me a bit.

Back