• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interested in a T shape fill line

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saltedeggman

Registered
I am thinking of gettting rid of my reservoir due to limited room in my case...

how does it work?

just use a t-splitter and enclosed the top?

thanks

yah, but depends on what ur current set-up is, temps might suffer maybe 2 celcius, and the whole system might also be more prone to greater temp fluc's

and it'd be a bigger hassle to fill, though bleeding is SOOOO much easier...

i dont get it either. conventional resevoirs are only used to hold water and make filling a little easier. just go T-Line if u cant fit a resevoir. you wont suffer anything.

no, cause before the water in the res would also be heated too,... its fluid capacity just sitting there....

but since the heat output varies,... like your system is not always under load is it?

there would then be more "cool" water to heat,... instead of just the water in the loop.... cause it might take more then one look to cool down the water once its heated... now,.... so now there is more water to absorb heat....

i'm saying 2 celcius on average,... assuming uneven loads.. etc... like normal system usage....

if ur system is always under load and u never shut it off, it wouldn't do a thing,... and might even increase ur temps cause it might hurt flow rates a bit....

I am also thinking of switching over to a T-Line.

I see pictures of people with T Line's and they are basically running 2 configs.

1. Having the T at the bottom of the case, not being the highest point in the case.

2. Having it at the highest point or having a super long tube cable tied to the side of the case that goes higher than the rest of the system.

I would prefer to not have that huge tube in my system so I am trying to figure out how those people fill and bleed their system. (The ones who have a small piece of tubing at the bottom of their case.) It makes no sense to me how they fill it since it is not above the rest of the system.

no see, they're using the pump to draw the water from the line, and as soon as the thing fills, they then plug the thing....

its recommended that you put the fill line at the top, (hence the long tubes), but you should be fine just simply wiring it somewhere....

My example being:

This is how it makes sense... having it above the system.
ww1.jpg

But I want it to look like this:

top.jpg

You are saying that if I fill the t line as much as I can before it will overflow, then turn it on and keep pouring water in it won't overflow? Common sense would say that it would still spill out.

i know, cause its at a low point.... but,... if there's a pump drawing water fast enough, it should be able to fill just fine...

actually, that doesn't make sense now that i think about it... cause the guy is on 1/2 tubing....

actually, i think the guy filled his system upside-down and then closed it, then ran it to bleed....

dunno,... gonna go try this... hold on...

ahh, bleeding is simple... like *takes out everything*

then *cuts a hole*

then *watches all the blue stuff leek out*

then *then showers the system*

then *replaces/patches the hole*

done

look in the watercooling pics thread and ask the guy who owns the case how he fills/bleeds it....

Back