• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance Exos Liquid Cooling SYSTEM? opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Creeping V

Registered
well i want to get a water cooling system for my computer because i dont want fans but i dont wanna go through the trouble ofhaving to install the kit inside the case. SO i cam by this it is a external water cooling system. i dont really mind the look that much, ive seen some really nice looking system with water cooling in it. So would it be alot easier for me to just get the external one and just have to hook up some tubes, or go the extra mile and install one so that it looks dope. I need opinions on this also bear in mind that im a noob at water cooling. If u think i should go the extra mile and install one so it looks nice can u recommend a kit or some parts for me to us?( i would perfer tygon tubing)

oh no... those things use "via" pumps,... you know the things that come over in darkest night and set your house on fire while murdering ur family and then raping your sister and eats your dog?

or maybe its not THAT bad,... but still the thing costs 300 some u.s. and for half that money you could get a kit from danderden.com that performs better...

(i'm a ehiem believer)

yah, i got me an exos, its great, but for the money i paid for it,.. (200 for exos, 50 for cpu block, and another 25 for chiipset block) i could've gotton the best anything else....

so... get a kit from either dangerden.com or the whitewater from cooltechnica

hope that helps....

alright well i was swaying more toward the kit so i will think i will pick up a kit btw if i follow the directions i should be alright right?

cause i dont wanna mess up some of my components i just bought like 2 days ago(this is for my new rig)

look at ur other thread/post...

you should be fine just following directions, but thing "could" go wrong....

you'll be better off with a prebuilt comserver or a dangerden or something if you don't feel like building or the hassles...

Creeping V said:
well i want to get a water cooling system for my computer because i dont want fans but i dont wanna go through the trouble ofhaving to install the kit inside the case. SO i cam by this it is a external water cooling system. i dont really mind the look that much, ive seen some really nice looking system with water cooling in it. So would it be alot easier for me to just get the external one and just have to hook up some tubes, or go the extra mile and install one so that it looks dope. I need opinions on this also bear in mind that im a noob at water cooling. If u think i should go the extra mile and install one so it looks nice can u recommend a kit or some parts for me to us?( i would perfer tygon tubing)

The Koolance Exos is a very nice entry level external wc. The thing installs so easy that even my grandmother could do it, and it does a reasonable nice job of cooling. I would recommend getting a Maze 4 or WW block for it though as the kit does not come with a block so buy a good one. It will cost you about $250, depending on the block you get. For that money you could build your own external system with higher componets if you wanted. I like mine ok, but now that I have been into it a bit, I think I would build my own next time.

Re: Re: Koolance Exos Liquid Cooling SYSTEM? opinions

James McGee said:
The Koolance Exos is a very nice entry level external wc. The thing installs so easy that even my grandmother could do it, and it does a reasonable nice job of cooling. I would recommend getting a Maze 4 or WW block for it though as the kit does not come with a block so buy a good one. It will cost you about $250, depending on the block you get. For that money you could build your own external system with higher componets if you wanted. I like mine ok, but now that I have been into it a bit, I think I would build my own next time.

Agreed! But I am using the cpu200g and I seem to be getting good temps.

Zipzoomfly.com has the cosair. Looks like a nice solution for you and I've had no problems with zipzoomfly.com either. They also have VERY fast shipping.

Back