• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP n00b question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimmyzdc

Registered
hello everyone Im new to overclocking so please bare with me. I have a AMD TBird 1ghz CPU with a MSI K7T Pro2 MSI6330 Mobo. Also In my case I have 4 Antec Fans (2 Sucking cold air in from the front & 2 pushing hot air out the back; I also have a Cool Master fan on my CPU). Now when I go into the BIOS to the Frequency/Voltage Control there is no option to change the Clock By Sligth Adjust function! In fact the only thing that appears in the menu is 'Auto Detect DIMM/PCI Clk' & 'Spread Spectrum Modulated' Does anyone know how I can get the other functions so I can start overclocking? Also I just got Fuzzy Logic 4, how exactly should I use this program, there arent any manuals or anything with it when I DL it.

Oh yea, I also just flash updated my BIOS to the newest version. I thought that might solve my problem with the overclocking function not appearing but no such luck.

What kinda of speeds do you think I could get with this setup?

Thanx!!!!!

Jaime

thank you for a well written post and welcome to teh forums!:)

well the options you're looking would be called something like memory frequency, should show you at 133Mhz there. the other 2 major options are multiplier and Vcore. if you don't see these than it's possible that your board doesn't support overclocking in the bios and you would have to resort to hard mods. possibly DIP switches if your board has those but i doubt it unless it's a bit old.

hmmm, wel in my manual it actually shows these options under that frequency/voltage control menu, yet when I go there its not there, so i know its supported.

Jaime

wttf.JPG

well, if it isnt their but it is in the manual, did your old bios have it? ill be right back im gonna do some reasearch on that board and see what i find.

I was using the original BIOS that was there when I first installed the mobo, and I noticed those options werent there, so I went ahead an DL the newest BIOS from MSI and installed it, and the options are still not there. Maybe I didnt install the BIOS correctly , but it seems like it did. I made a boot disk ran the MSI BIOS program, then typed in the new bios file name, saved the old bios just in case, and it went through updating various things and then asked me to take the disk out and restart my computer. So im guessing it did install. This is so wierd, lol.

Hopefully we can find an answer :p

Jaime

this is my board
MSI K7t Pro (MSI6330)

Here is an image
K7T-Pro2_S.jpg

I have heard of other people overclocking this board, but dont remember them saying anything about jumpers. Check out the link, there are people with my same board and CPU

Overclockers OC Database

Also how can i use Fuzzy Logic? I moved the clock settings on it but i doesnt do anything? ahah, sorrry for asking such noob questions :p

What do you think modenaf1? If I have to do it through jumpers how do I do that?

Jaime

OK here is an update on this issue, I flashed the wrong BIOS, so I got the correct BIOS and flashed it. Its upgraded no problem, but I still get no Multiplier functions :mad: I even went to MSI website and they said the difference between the K7T Pro and the K7T ProA (this is what I have; its even written right on the MOBO) is that the ProA adds multiplier and clock adjustment through the BIOS. I also thought well maybe I need to unlock my chip. So I followed some instructions on how to unlock the Thunderbird using the Pencil trick on the L1 bridges. Did it installed boots up fine but still nothing in the BIOS. The wierd thing is that in the BIOS there is nothing under the voltage section except the 2 functions I mentioned in the first post. I would think at least it would be there but disabled , but no such luck. Somebody please I have been messing with this for 2 weeks and I'm getting so frustrated.

THanks!

Jaime

on my actual board it doesnt say it just says version1.0 . I am assuming its C. DO you know a way to check for sure?

ummm have u unlocked the cpu
and i got a 1000MHz TBIRD and
mines overclocked
FSB = 133
MULTIPLYER = 10
i done mine throught tha dip switches

Back