• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SilverProp EVOS Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice review format.

How was the pressure drop measured? It seems to be quite a deal off, as in majorly off.

I have an EvoS block here.

At 4.0lpm the block is inducing around a 1.2m pressure drop.

My Iwaki MD-30RZ (50Hz) pushes 9.4lpm through the block by itself. Plotting that back on the MD-30RZ's PQ curve, we reach around 6.5m of pressure drop.

Both values seem to be in sync with each other in my testing.

Head loss increases in rough proportion to the flow rate squared. Take a look at any of BillA's flow vs pressure charts and you'll this effect.

On your Flow vs pressure chart we see around 0.25m pressure drop at 4.0lpm, and a 0.75m pressure drop at 8.0lpm, and this is in contradiction to how flow vs pressure progresses.

Something is going wrong with your pressure measurement equipment.

Last edited:
agree re the head loss
mounting variation a bit high, but that is the most difficult part
be interesting to see Marilyn's equip list and procedures

be cool

Good to hear from you Bill! Moving on, am I really to believe the Evo performs nearly identical to the White Water? Interested in seeing if midnightmaple would test a block that BillA has already tested to see if results come out the same. Otherwise, a true comparison can not be made to any block that BillA has tested.

The pressure drop for the Cyclone Evolution range is different for different versions. i.e V1.0, V2.0 etc.

The performance has been refined with the V2.0 (major interior modification) which at present is only available in North America.

Cheers,
Jeremy

The flow/pressure curve still does not follow the quadratic curve shape, in defiance of the physical understandings of how flow and pressure are related. The best one can hope for is a perfect quadratic curve shape, but typically one will be slightly above the curve. Impossible to be below unless the measurement equipment is in error.

It is interesting to see somebody step up to the plate, so to speak, and take a stab at reviewing waterblocks.

The methodology used by most reviewers consists of using temp probes or the thermal monitoring on motherboards, and while better than nothing, is a far cry from the exacting methods we grew accustomed to seeing from BillA.

It will be interesting to follow this and see what equipment was used, and what corrections and/or adjustments will be made (if any) to the testing procedure.

MM, thanks for the effort, I'll be watching for more from you. I don't envy your position, BillA did set the bar extremely high with his professional approach to performance comparisons. You've certainly got your work cut out for you, you're a braver man than I!

Back