• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick ? about mem on Nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikolasmor

What's better for the NF7-S 2.0 tighter memory and a lower FSB or more relaxed settings and a higher FSB, I know every set of MOBO are different but I've heard memory is crucial(not the brand:p ) on this board.I've got 3200 Corsair XMS and it doesn't like anything over 166 FSB at 6-2-2-2 or tighter, but at 6-3-3-2 it'll take up to 216, now if I relax it more and raise the FSB even higher will it be better or leave it kinda tight with a lower FSB, I could always mess with the ratio if needed right?to get a higherFSB with this mem, because that is what is topping out, I've got voltage set to 1.9 and 3.0

the mem ratio is pointless. just leave it in sync.

i'm of the school more FSB loose timings. i push the memory as hard as possible with tight timings than ease off once i hit a ceiling. as long as you're not running mush (3-4-4-8) for example you should be ok. you should always try to stay at cas 2.5 cas 3 defeats the purpose as your bandwidth will drop considerabley. i run 2.5-3-2-9 right now.

experiment with your memory timings. i found a nice improvement when i switched to 2.5 3 2 9 from 2.5 3 3 9. try messing with those and see what you score better with or crash on.

Back