• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What motherboard should I buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mitchelson

Registered
Hey,

I have some coin saved and wish to spend da lot on a new motherboard, so i can overclock the crap out of my AMD 2500+

Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated. :)

I think most ppl would recommand NF7-S ver.2.0.
I saw you have a KT400 board. How far can you overclock ur cpu with it? if you can get 2.2GHz or more, I think there is no point to get a nforce2 board. even you can get High FSB, but you won't feel any difference. Save your $ for some goodiez. If I have some $ left, I would go for a Viewsonic Nextvision 5. hahaha

Thanks for the info ace. i do have the f9 BIOS update.... my damn board dont have a CPU multiplyer on it. It was a cheap board not worth the coin. I was thinking of getting a Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2 Ultra Athlon Board. What do you think?

This 7VA board i have is bad news. I bought a 2500+ today so i could up the multiplier and now i need a new board so i thought - stuff the bank balance...... and i'm heading to da PC store. Bare in mind my board has to be ULTRA quick with BIG overclokn capabilitiy. :D

try the gigabyte board...hearing good things on it...the non-ultra 400 boards getting good reviews, too (gigabyte and soltek)

Back