• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of water do you use for WC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Greasy Burger

I assume I can't use beer for my water cooling set up ,right? Is there a special kind of water for me to use and where to get it?

Water cooling requires a big power supply?

Do I need to apply Arctic Silver 2 on the CPU and water block?

How do I test for leaks when my water coolign set up arrives?

I order a Koolance PC2-601BW Jet Black Color Full tower Liquid Cooling case Retail

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...ctory=1617&catalog=7&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

Last edited:
1) Most people use distilled water and some other additive.
2) No; you're pump is the only item in the WC setup that requires power and it is suppled be a seperate 120V feed.
3) ASIII is better.
4) Run the pump with the system filled of course for at least 24 hours to check for leaks.

1) I used do-ionized water with 1/3 of corrosion protection additive (Innovatek additive)
2) Well, it can require bigger power supply if you have a huge active cooling on your rad (like 4 high flow 120mm fans in push pull configuration on a double rad). But that's overkill anyway.
3) Artic silver ceramic is better than ASIII
4) one night or 24 hours leak test is highly recommended. Just let the pump on without switching on your rig.

1) I'm using distilled water and Zerex Coolant.
2) I'm still using my same Antec True430 430 watt PSU.
3) ASIII is what I use and is good.
4) Measure everything out and hook up the pump then let it run for a few hours with white paper towle around the fittings...the die in the water will allow you to see if any had leaked...then install it in your system and let it run over night (WITHOUT the system running) with paper towles again on it. If all is ok crank her up.

Mike

Back