• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flow Question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Staudie

Registered
Since I've been reading this form for awhile now and have all my parts for WC setup... so I've been thinking about flow. This being my first setup, I would ask the experts.

Pump1 - - - Rad - WW - M4 GPU ->
Pump2 - /.................\- Chipset ->

or the whole thing in series 1 or 2 pumps?

Pump1 -> Pump2 -> Rad -> WW -> M4 GPU -> Chipset ->

thanx,
Staudie

I would run it all serial. This way both blocks would benefit from both pumps. Although i would go for one strong, rather than on two weaker pumps.

If you insist on using 2 pumps run them in series one after another, but I would recommend a single high pressure pump. Make sure to get one with good head height like the Danner Mag series , or Hydor L30(my personal favorites) or the Eheim 1250.:attn:

it seems like using 2 small versus one larger one would be worse and more of a hassel because you would have added pump heat to the water, and you would have more than enough tubes and lines to deal with...simple is always better...and the cost of a mag drive 3 or 5 seems worth it over 2 smaller maxijet 1200's

i think running them in series would make too much heat, but why not just use a Y-fitting, the 2 coming together to a bigger piece of tube then going to the rad,
be cooler and speed up the Flow rate....

Back