• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wuts wrong with my system temp(8ihxp)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MysticX23

hi. i'm just wondering whats wrong with my system temperature. first off, i'm not sure what "system" temp means for my gigabyte 8ihxp mobo, case temp?? nb temp?? or mobo temp??(whatever that means)...

here's what i've been getting from both easy tune 4 and mbm, as well as house temp sensor:

idle in the morning
78F room temp
99F system temp(37C)
113F cpu temp (45C)

idle in the afternoon
88F room temp
120F system temp(49C)
122F cpu temp(50C)

can it realli get this hot?? am i in trouble? i've got an intake fan on the front as well as the side.exhaust on the back and case has a little blow hole on the top(no fan tho). the only possible reason i think could if the sensor is hear my vid card cuz i've got a zalman fanless heatsink on that, and the heat on that might affect the "system temp" any help?....can anyone post their own "system temp" with the same mobo?? thx

my temps wiht that board werent much better then yours, just make sure your using ac3 er sumthin between cpu and heatsink...but sides that there aint muhc u can do...system i believe means temp of your case..i kno when i turn on my a/c my system temp always goes down accordingly..... my cpu tends to go down with the system after system gets down sum...but sides that, just deal with it > : )
peace
Charlie

Back