• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need best options for air cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUBBLE

I’ve an 18” high tower casing. This small casing carries a xp 2000+ proc and a GA 7VAXP mobo with 256 PC2100 mem, 2*40Gb HDD 2 cd-roms. My air intake is done by one 92 mm fan in the front side and the air out take is done by a 120mm fan in top of the casing. My problem is no matter what ever the method I tried the processor temp and the casing temp is always rising to 50-57C and 35-40C. I’ve put a new cooler master CPU cooler with an 80mm fan. (Replaced the default fan) But no avail always reaching to the 50-58C even if I overclokced it to the XP2100+ with fsb up too 139MHz.
I’ve no thinking abt putting a 120mm fan to air intake in the front of the casing and use 120mm fan in the top and another 60mm fan near the cpu to exhaust the air out. Will that help me for much improvement? I’m currently waiting for the copper cpu cooler to be arrived from the Singapore. (Don’t know what brand it will be). Earlier I used to have a full tower casing but switch back to this one cause it’s hard to move. If I’m fixing a 120mm fan to front side do I’ve to cut the plastic cover also and arrange a air filter also? And I’m also curious to know if I do keep on plugging 120 mm fan to this small casing will it really do a great job or it will mess up the air flow? Well I know lot of confusing questions and stupid ones but after all those are my problems (lol)

did you try a duct? you can easily make one out of cardboard and connect it to a side intake fan. that way the air getting to the cpu is cool air.

EDIT: and you prolly do want some kind of exhaust in the back.... what case is this?

you definitely want an outtake on the back of the case aside from the psu....and another trick that works is that if you have 2 5/14 drive bays free you can stick 2x 80mm fans in there and have them blowing in or out depending on your needs.....blowing in works best for me...i have 3x 80mm intakes and 2x 80mm outtakes...and i get 40C full load...altho central new york temperatures are prolly a bit lower than Sri Lanka....so i could be giving bad advice....

Back