• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which do you prefer? ABIT OR ASUS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crunkedup

Registered
Yo wassup everyone. Im new here and just wanted to know a few things before i go buy somethin without much knowledge about it.

First, I want to know. Which do you guys prefer. Abit or Asus? im probably asking in the wrong forums but maybe there is a reason why there are more threads in the Abit than the Asus. Anyway, why abit.

Im considering to buy a new motherboard. I will later get the processor. I want a motherboard that has it all. Not too pricy, but high performance and can be overclocked like a mofo, and not generating heat at the same time. So please post any good mobo models for abit, and let me know how much, and why they are as good as you think they are. Also, is newegg the best place to purchase em? thanks yall

They are both good manufacturers. However they have both made some mistakes in the past that seem to be related to engineering. Check out the reviews of the boards you're interested in and get the one you like better/best. Again, they are both top shelf companies. I'm using an Asus now, but am looking at the Abit IC7-MAX3 for my next board.

Newegg is a great place to buy. I have had only one instance where I had to contact them about an RMA and they handled it to my satisfaction. I haven't had to shop around because they were always within a few bucks of their nearest reputable competition. So IMHO, it's a great place to buy.

Good luck

An RMA (return merchandise authorization) is when you return the item to the place to bought it for either an exchange or a refund. You need an RMA to return a product. If you don't have one, the package is rejected.

phpguru

Abit is my choice simply for 2 reasons:

1. They always have evry little tweak & option available in their BIOS from the day you get it. Yes they do sometimes need to be fine tuned but the features are there.

2. "Built for overclockers, by overclockers" They know what we want & how things should run & they build their boards accordingly. If I'm not mistaken they were the first to use the high quality Rubicon caps on all their boards even though it cost them a bit more because they want the best for the end user.

Now I know Abit has had issues just like every board manufacturer, but IMHO the good outweighs the bad.

Abit or Asus

I recommend ABIT if you want to do heavy overclockin'. Although ASUS boards OC just as well for the average joe, ABIT is my choice for anything extreme. I do have to say that I have had an easier time with ASUS and different memory. ABIT seems to be a little more fussy.

musk

I am currently running on a P4P800 waiting for my IC7.

You are choosing between the top two manufacturers of motherboards, either company is good. Look at the features of the ones in particular you like and choose based on that IMHO. The IC-7 is nice and cheap, I like mine.

Welcome to the forums!!!

crunkedup said:

im probably asking in the wrong forums but maybe there is a reason why there are more threads in the Abit than the Asus. Anyway, why abit.

Probaby because Abit has more problems :p:p:p

Seriously, they're both great companies. Asus seems to put out more bios updates, and faster, than Abit. I don't think you could go wrong with either company.

-Bobby
/me runs back to the Asus forums

They are both top-notch companies. Also, they are about the only two popular manufacturers of overclockable intel boards. Although Abit claims to be the overclocking king, asus isnt very far behind. In fact, i believe that both of these companies have about equal overclocks on the same chip. Asus is always packed with features, while abit usually has the essentials and not too many accesories. I believe that Asus is generally a bit more stable according to what i have seen in the forums - but thats far from being an accurate statistic.

Both are great manufacturers. If youre looking to buy a board, dont look at the manufacturer but the features/price/anything else that you need (i didnt mention overclocking because i still think they are about the same). Think of them as one company and just pick the product that fits you best.

Im getting an Abit BH7 in a couple of days and ill compare my overclock to my Asus P4PE. The max i did with the P4PE was about 2.79ghz with my 1.8A.

Back