• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The all new ABIT IT7-max3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crunkedup

Registered
Ok. Im getting rid of my amd in about 1 week. I want someone to convince me to purchase this new upcoming IT7-max3 board for abit next week. I want something that will NOT overheat alot, cuz im not thinking of watercooling right now, so again, i want something that wont overheat when its overclocked. Also, want great performance and features and stabibility. Do you guys prefer this new board coming out? any ideas how much it will cost? I read a few reviews here and there but not enough, i want somethin from you guys. Thanks

Are you talking about IC7-G MAX3? If so, Abit was suppose to announce something on their website today, but I haven't seen any.

Vatt said:
Abit would make announcement on the 25th of july. So in 3 days we will know more.

Here's a quote from Abit's website:

"Nobody has seen nor experienced anything like MAX3 and the MAXimum features and performance it will offer. On July 21, come to the ABIT website at www.abit-usa.com to see an early look at the future of motherboards."

The only thing NEW I see on their website is the announcement of K7V, which has nothing to do with MAX series boards. Either I'm not seeing something or someone at Abit lost track of dates.

Yea I've seen that preview. Just trying to get more info than what's already out there. Oh well, I don't think I'm gonna wait any longer. In about an hour, I'll be buying the Asus P4C800E. I have a P4 2.4C CPU just sitting there for about 3 weeks now. The waiting game is over for me (I hope).

That's great that the new max 3 has extra cooling, but where's the parallel and serial port? Is it legacy free?

phpguru

phpguru said:
That's great that the new max 3 has extra cooling, but where's the parallel and serial port? Is it legacy free?

The Abit MAX series of boards has been legacy free from the beginning. In fact the first MAX boards did not even have ps/2 mouse or keyboard ports. These were added back in the MAX2 version.

(originally posted by althes)

"I would prefer heatsinks on the mosfets. If that fan craps outs its over."

hey sorry to seem so down on you for this, but this board doesnt REQUIRE this extra cooling at all. so nothing bad will happen whatsoever if that fan craps out, other then maybe some limitation of insane OC'ing.

this board is a revision of the ic7-g, which hasnt even come with ANY cooling for the mosfets until this revision.
ive owned an is7-e and a bh7, neither has any cooling on thier mosfets.. it bugs me alot too because they get REALLY hot.
ive also built an ic7-g system for a friend who had way more money then me :(

now, to AGREE with you althes, I too would love to see heatsinks on the damn mosfets. I really dont want to see immersion cooling to take care of this problem.. which i see as getting worse and needing a solution with most motherboards here very soon.

Anyone up to making a homemade Max3 cooling duct setup?

If so, this may be a good board to try it on. The top row contains most of the voltage regulators and caps.

LANPARTY%20PRO875%20b.jpg

sorry for the repeated post........but is anyone even thinking about purchasing this new MOBO?

Judging by the high voltages, and the added cooling(not much, but the point is they recognized a problem) this mobo will probably hit fsb's as high as an ic7-g with cooling mods + vdim mods. If it is not too rediculously expensive I am definately going to get it.

Back