• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

flow setup: silly or sweet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

poMONKey

n00b here... hi... and tia :p

wondering if this is good or bad:

pump out-->res-->heatercore-->cpu-->heatercore-->gpu-->pump in

i got the Innovatek Tank-O-Matic ( that i will screw 1/4" thread ~ 1/2" barbs on ) for the res and the 2 heatercores w/ 2 120mm panaflos each... i wanna use an Eheim 1250 to pump all this and 1/2" tubing for the system. maze4 cpu and maze3 gpu wb, as well.

just wanna cool the water coming from the cpu before it gets to the gpu. figured 2 heatercores wouldnt hinder flow too much... but i dont know about the res... seems like it would further chilly the water ( res will be outside the case, as will the pump and one hc. the hc between the cpu and gpu would be the only cooler inside the case ) in the cool basement air ( 70°F ).

i would go:
out-->hc-->cpu-->hc-->gpu-->res-->in
if i was you.

i would also agrgue the need to a second heatercore between the 2 chips, but if you want to, by all means

Having the reservoir just after the pump will kill some of your flow rate when you want it most- not good.

If you want to use a res., the best place for it is just before the pump in the loop. (Agreeing wit the other but giving my reasons too :))

poMONKey said:
n00b here... hi... and tia :p

wondering if this is good or bad:

pump out-->res-->heatercore-->cpu-->heatercore-->gpu-->pump in

i got the Innovatek Tank-O-Matic ( that i will screw 1/4" thread ~ 1/2" barbs on ) for the res and the 2 heatercores w/ 2 120mm panaflos each... i wanna use an Eheim 1250 to pump all this and 1/2" tubing for the system. maze4 cpu and maze3 gpu wb, as well.

just wanna cool the water coming from the cpu before it gets to the gpu. figured 2 heatercores wouldnt hinder flow too much... but i dont know about the res... seems like it would further chilly the water ( res will be outside the case, as will the pump and one hc. the hc between the cpu and gpu would be the only cooler inside the case ) in the cool basement air ( 70°F ).
I would bet you will get worse temps with the 2 cores in serial than with just 1. As I've said before, the water temp AFTER the CPU is only at MOST .5C (1/2 degree celsius) warmer than right after the rad. Your board won't even detect a .5C difference. If you want to run 2 rads, run them in PARALLEL. With 1 rad flow should go like so: Pump>Rad>CPU>GPU>Res>Pump. This will most likely be your best bet. However, if you are hell bent on running 2 rads (as I am) you would do like so: Pump>Y splitter>into each rad, out of each rad>Y splitter>CPU>GPU>Res>Pump.

Back