• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big Problems IS7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JOHNNYGATE

Registered
I am on my second IS7 and I have a motherboard problem. The first wouldnt boot. This boots and shows my 2.8 at 1.4 and I cant get in the bios because it says I have no Keyboard. I even use 2 different keyboards. Two USB and two PS2's. I tried to clear the cmos, took all the cards out of the motherboard, Put a different P4 in and put my 2.8 back in. It still reads 1.4 ghz. And no keyboard present. SO I cant get in the bios. My Friend THE RUDY who wrote an artical on water cooling on this site has the same problem. That makes 3 plus someone else just started a thread on the IS7.

There's a jumper in the top right corner of the board, I think it's PS2-PWR1 or something, when I cleared my CMOS, I also set this to the opposite of what it currently was (I think I set to to enable), and after that it was OK.

Are you sure you are switching off your PSU completely (the switch at the back) and unplugging it too when you go to clear your CMOS?.

If you are, then I think the mobo is screwed. Who's the manufacturer of the 2 boards?

Yes I cleared the cmos. I had the whole board out on the bench. It is screwed. I RMA'd it . Well see. Im sure their aware of it.

Back