• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my new waterblock project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ricc

I go to share my idea of one block that I am wanting to make, I drew established it in whom I searched for the internet on waterblock efficient, with an entrance and two exits, and the part that leans in die that it is of copper the carcass would only be in anodized alminium. I made pictures of block in ms paintbrush, they do not repair the quality, and my English :/

block01.jpg

block0001.jpg

suggestions?

make little heatsink fins on the outside of the base at the middle inlet area .
also dont use any aluminum . instead of a hold down bracket you can just trim and extend the block out and make the X a little larger so that you can mount directly to the block by drilling through it at the ends

oh and welcome to the forums

thanks for your comments:p , I go to take off those frises that I made in the base of block, but my idea is to make one block practises of if to place, to prevent to have q to disassemble the motherboard to place screws for water block, the setting would be type swiftech:

MCW5000-AMD_hardware.jpg

MCW5000-A.jpg

If your gonna make it have a socket hold down, the core doesnt sit center of the 2 socket hold downs. There is a problem with that, It gives uneven pressure on the core. You need to use 2 properly calculated springs for it to give proper pressure. I dont remember the actual calculation. I could possibly get ahold of it, Someone on these forums has it and calculated it for me a while back and I decided it wasnt worth the anoyance.

It will be MUCH easier to make the block out of as few peices as possible. To make that out of aluminum and copper and that many plates, It woudl just as well be easier to do it with 1 material(copper) and all. I dont understand what all those drawings are for though. maybe explain each one.

Jon

block is composed only for three parts(style lrww), but I will use top in aluminum anodized, as in innovatek rev3, x-flow, dtek lrww and tc4 rev2, evo rev. 3 waterblock.
my idea is to become its installation the simplest possible, not to disassemble motherboard to place block

block03.jpg

I am thinking about another idea to make one clamp to fix block

I understand but it looks like way too much work. I would just make the complete bottom plate out of copper.

Why the + style jet? a multi hole jet orface like the cascade block would probably be better for that one, how deep do you plan on making those holes?
I would just expand the complete physical size to 2x3" and put the mounting holes in it.

Jon

i was reformulating the drawing and i go to make multi hole jet type cascade and make rectangular it as in the drawing below, and the fixe waterblock type of coolers

block004.jpg
newmod.jpg

Back