• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Misc NF7-S 2.0 temps taken with Infra-red Pyrometer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grimdeath

I borrowed a $500 Omega OS-610 Infrared Pyrometer (measures temps via infrared emissions) from work to measure my NF7-S mobo temps at load running Prime95 for over 25 minutes. This device is acurate to within +-1C.

See my system in my Sig:

Ambient room temperature: 24C (73F)

Top of MAZE4: 29C
Top of stock Northbridge Heatsink: 33C
Southbridge: 33C
Mosfets: 52C
Back-side of 9700 Pro (325/310) GPU: 50C
9700 Pro memory chips: 52C
Top of Eheim 1250 (on the Red Eheim logo): 37C
2x512 Corsair XMS 3200LLP: 38C
Case temp: 26C
Inlet to Black Ice extreme radiator: 29C
Outlet of Black Ice extreme radiator: 29C

According to Winbond Doctor:
CPU: 45C
SYSTEM: 27C

If anyone would like additional component temperatures or think of a more scientific test, please let me know and I'll try to help out.

notice that mosfets are hot =)

i might be doing the same thing ( barrowing from work) but i will probly be focusing on the Mobo specificaly to place heat sinks on every known surface =) and probly just a few things like near the hard drives and cdrw dvd drives to see how the heat is disipating .

i just made a 1 piece mosfet heat sink from an amd heatsink and mounted a northbridge sized fan on it ( yes im over kill man) but i believe with a antec 550 truepower and cooled mosfets my power will be cleaner to provide more stable overclocks

Grimdeath said:
If anyone would like additional component temperatures or think of a more scientific test, please let me know and I'll try to help out.

Any way to get a more accurate reading of the cpu's temp with that pyrometer?

Can you get individual temps for each mosfet. Take a look at this site with thermal images of a 8RDA+, notice the mosfets are not loaded evenly. I wondering if the NF7-S is the same.

Regarding the cpu's temperature:
Not unless I take the heatsink off the die while it's running!

Regarding the Mosfets:
I scanned them all and they were all within 1C of each other. I have not upped any of my stock voltages yet. I will do so within a day when I start pushing my setup for max overclock.

I have an Antec True 430 myself; we'll see if it helps any.

how about some shots at the side of the maze...i'd bet there's a big difference because the solder isn't a good thermal conductor...checkout your HDD's and tell us what they are.

Also you might be able to hit the side of the die between the packaging and the waterblock.

Ah but I've tried; not a lot of space in my rig. I can't fit the probe anywhere near the side of the cpu/HS.
While my HD's were idle they were basically as case temp. I will run some HD perf tests and measure them when they're hot.

Here are some pictures of my rig:

Picture #1
Picture #2

Try getting a reading from the back of the board, either out of the case, or mod it some how. That would be my next step.

NICE RIG>>>>>

Can you get the temp of the chip labeled Attansic ATXP1. Apparently it is the overclock controller chip. I saw someone put a heatsink on it, wondering if it actually gets hot. And the chip above the mosfets. Also - can you check out the SATA controller?I got some extra heatsink to cut up and need to know where to put it.

How long are you going to have access to this tool? I keep thinking of things to measure.

chips.jpg

Thanks

I have it as long as I want; I'm taking my HS off tonight to reseat it and will try afterwards. As long as I can get a clear shot at it without disassembling anything I'll try to get a temp.

Can you get the temp of the chip labeled Attansic ATXP1. Apparently it is the overclock controller chip. I saw someone put a heatsink on it, wondering if it actually gets hot. And the chip above the mosfets. Also - can you check out the SATA controller?I got some extra heatsink to cut up and need to know where to put it.
atxp1 i think is the atx power controller .
im also gonna cut up a little more of my heat sinks and put them on those and i hope that chip labled with a green sticker nf7-s is the sata raid controller cause im gonna heat sink that too and move the NB heatsink to the south bridge and water cool the north bridge.
my board will be a jiant heat sink when i get done with it =)

lol you are right but you would think the company would name it something different since its right nest to the atx power connector AND its first 3 letters are atx AND the next letter is P like as in power lol . thats one hell of a naming coincidence lol

Attached are some additional temperatures I've taken:

ROOM TEMP: 22.5C
CASE TEMP: 29C
(Running Prime 95 for over 45mins)

Windbond chip near dimm sockets: 39C
Atlansic ATXP1: 43C
SATA Chip: 37C

MOSFETS, top to bottom (all STOCK voltages in BIOS):
#1 (top): 56C
#2: 58C
#3: 56C
#4: 57C