• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-s and pc133 ram.... OK?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barnstormer

I am looking at upgrading my MB to an NF7-s rev 2.0 and would like to keep the RAM I have (for the moment, one thing at a time for $$ sake). Will the 128 mb and 256 mb sticks of PC133 SDRAM I have now work in that board? If so, any real drawbacks to running it (other than how it limts OC'ing)
Thanks
Brian

:O... try to get some decent ram for this mobo (pc3200 at least) your games will apreciate that :D

Heck If your going to do all that... Id get a new CPU as well... maybe a 1700+ from newegg for $44... even the DUT3C tbredB's overclock really well. I got one for my bro that does 2ghz on stock voltage.

KFC - It is againts the rules for you to offer anything for sale outside of the classifieds. Don't do it again.

Barnstormer - Do not deal outside of the Classifieds. The rules are here to protect you.

james.miller said:
mmm nf7-s, xp1700 dlt3c and twinmos pc3200. That has to be the absolute best combo you can get for the money right now.

NF7-S 2.0, 1GB (2 x 512MB in Dual Channel) PC3200, and a 2100+ AUIGB here.....I'll say it's a pretty good combo. :D

I'll agree...get some good PC3200. Even if you can only swing one stick of 512MB Corsair XMS right now....you can add to that in the future for running in Dual Channel.

B.

Back