• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$(*#(*$&# cursed 8rda+ error codes!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rutkus

AAAAAARGH!!!!! I originally posted under error 25 error codes but now its a new error code.

ok, originally my video card acted weird, then just shut off, i couldn't get my video at all, so i cleared cmos, by removing battery, unplugging from power and changing jumper settings.

i was getting all kinds of error codes, so i took everything out and put everything back in, now i got video, and...i could get into bios, now its freezing up into bios. sometimes i get FF and sometimes i get other error codes like C5 and then other codes that seem to be undocumented.

I am so confused on what to do now, I can get into bios, but when i'm in bios it locks up and says "6b" on the LED readout, i've looked and no info to be found on this error, should i reflash bios?

or should i hold off incase it freezes in mid-flash. I tried rebooting windows to see if that was the problem and it got to the very begining of booting up from cd and then locked up. I am about ready to rma the board!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not all readouts are errors... 6b is "program chipset registers according to items described in Setup & Auto- configuration table. "

C1- C5 is a memory problem.

Hmm.. could be the bios not liking the corsair anymore. Got different ram? Try loading the defaults if that lets you in. Mine will lock up in bios if I have an overclock way too high.

yes but what does that configuration table error mean? there is nothing overclocked on it at all, everything is set to factory settings.

I'm not sure.. sounds like bios settings or something. Sounds like a great, frustrating problem. If everything is at non overclocked settings... hmm.. Could always try taking apart the whole system and putting it back together. That could solve the prob, or cause more. Personally, i'm getting tired of the 8rda+ issues too.. my old kt400 never gave me so much trouble.

well before this, i had a gigabyte 7vaxp which was pretty buggy.

I took apart everything and put it back together the first time then i got this odd error, i will do it again, i was tired of working on it/looking at it so i gave it a rest for the night, i will try again sometime today when i get home.

i'll post status later,

thanks,
Rutkus

Back