• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hi all, cooling help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

paulhaskew

Hi, its been awhile since i have been on the board... havn't been doing much OCing latley...

broke my record though with my 600 MHZ duron, got the thing up to 900MHz and its stable at 40c idle... :)

Well I have my rig as listed below in my sig, and all the sudden my idle temps jumped to 54c... nothing has changed in the computer at all, the cords are int he same place, the computer has not moved....

I removed the Volcano 7 and put on an AERO V and it dropped my temps down by 10c... so that made me happy... still hitting 49c though under full load... (using as3 spread out very thin and even, heatsink has been lapped)

Now the switch to an all copper skived heatsink has done a great job, i am just thinking it has to do with the airflow...

I have the same PSU that came with my enermax case, no bottom fan... :( I do however have the vents at the top and have a 80mm fan there, also one in the front and two in the back on the top portion of the case...

My wires need some cleaning up, the IDE cables are the wrapped/tube kind so they do not post the problem, its all the stinking power cords...

Anywho, and ideas would be wonderful... Or ideas on why the heck the temps sored....

wait let me get this clear, you having done absolutely nothing inside the computer, one day, turn it on, and temps are like 10C more than they used to be?

it may be your sensor my temps jumped up to 67 C one day so i shut it down and checked it out (removed heatsink) looked everything over and felt core and it didnt burn me so i put it all back on and it never went back that high so maybe its just a power spiuke or the sensor went fritzy (common on some mbs)

Back