• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800 deluxe overclock option

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

punkassgrunt

It has the option to overclock in the Bios. How is this? I am new to overclocking and don't really know how. Can I use this, and the highest % is 40% overclock. I have a p4 3.0 800fsb, 512mb pc3200. Whats the highest I can overclock?

p4 3.0

punkassgrunt said:
It has the option to overclock in the Bios. How is this? I am new to overclocking and don't really know how. Can I use this, and the highest % is 40% overclock. I have a p4 3.0 800fsb, 512mb pc3200. Whats the highest I can overclock?

If your system is like mine the 10% is the best it will do on auto, I have heard a couple say they get 20%. You can however, turn off the auto stuff and do it manually by changing the voltages and the FSB and ram timings. Give this a try:

In the bios:

Choose ADVANCED

SET JUMPER FREE TO MANUAL

CPU EXT FREQ to 228

DRAM FREQ to 320

AGP/PCI to 66/33

CPU VCORE to 1.7v

DDR REF to 2.75v

AGP to 1.60v

HIT ESC BACK TO MENU THEN CHOOSE CHIPSET

CHANGE TO MANUAL

CAS to 2.5

RAS to 3

RAS TO CAS to 3

PRECHARGE to 7

BURST to 4

HIT F10 AND SAVE AND REBOOT

This should boot up at about 3.4 ghz which is more than the 10% auto setting.. If it does, then go back to bios and change the CPU EXT FREQ to a couple numbers higher. Keep increasing that a couple of numbers until it no longer will boot. Then back down to the last good boot.

At this point change your CHIPSET settings down to 2-2-2-5-4 and see if it will boot. If it does, drop the voltages back to their default settings and see if it still works...Always run your voltages as close to stock default as you can because they will increase your temps at the higher levels.

From what I have seen so far from my system and others like it, you should be able to overclock somewhere around the 3.4 to 3.5 area and maybe even to 3.6 with your P4 3.0.

Good luck

iLuminatae said:
Thanks for these tips too - will try them out. I am having difficulty getting mine above 210 fsb.

Bet your using the 400 or 1 to 1 setting aren't you... I also could not get past 210 - 212 at that setting. Then I changed to water cooling, changed to pc3500 ram and was able to go higher, but I still have to use the 320 setting to get up to 3.6. I can max out the ram at the 1 to 1, but i have to use 320 to max the cpu.

yeah i cant seem to get above 210, will have to try this. Did you have to up the AGP to get things stable?

dl rage 3d to overclock your card - on my mobo there is a voltage setting for agp but am not sure if i should touch this.

Go for it

iLuminatae said:
dl rage 3d to overclock your card - on my mobo there is a voltage setting for agp but am not sure if i should touch this.

The voltages settings i used were:

cou vcore = 1.7
ddr = 2.65
agp = 1.60

Then once I got everything working and stable i dropped all voltages back to the lowest point I could and still remain stable.

Your video card is best overclocked by using Rivatuner or the nVidia registry tweak. Ask over in the video forum, or better yet, do a search here and on Google. Video card overclocking is easy.

Upping the AGP voltage will ultimately run a little more juice through your northbridge, and may wind up helping an extreme overclock, but it is something to try after you've gotten the idea of the limitations of your system. Max out your RAM and you chip first, and as you play around with dividers and FSB, then think about upping the AGP voltage.

My 3.0C did 3.55Ghz on stock cooling...`

now I bet I could do 3.8 maybe 3.9Ghz with my cooling. However I would need faster RAM probably.

Using 320 memory option I was doing 3.72Ghz untill my Mob fuc*ed up. Seems like the first memory slot on the motherboard is dead and the others are not right either.

I tested the RAM on an Epox AMD motherboard the one using right now and is doing 440mhz just perfect. Funny I never could get 400Mhz stable on the P4C800 DLX which makes me think if the Mob was screwed to beging with since it is PC3500 RAM.

My max CPU temp @ 3.72Ghz is 30C and idle 17C. I think it can go higher even with my current RAM if I have a perfectly working Mob since the max the RAM was running at was 397Mhz I believe.

Back