• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nexus questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pummer

I'm thinking of getting a Vantec Nexus NXP-205 rheobus, but I've got 6 fans in my case as follows:

1 side input
2 front input
2 back output
1 top output

so what I'd like to do is use the 4 dials for those 4 different things by using splitters. each channel is rated up to 18watts, and the things i'd be doubling up are Cooler Master TLF-R82 blue LED fans from newegg. (specs on fans here)

so can i double up the fans with the splitters, or would that kill it?

Last edited:
im not sure if thatd work but i have no idea where the volt stats come from but if its the amount to the fan it wouldnt work cause at full theyd each be doin 12 V and thats 24 over the rated max but im basically guessing here.

stan03 said:
and what is your question?

fixed :eek:

Robrules18 said:
im not sure if thatd work but i have no idea where the volt stats come from but if its the amount to the fan it wouldnt work cause at full theyd each be doin 12 V and thats 24 over the rated max but im basically guessing here.

we're talking watts, not volts, thanks though :D

ok:D you don't need the splitters, you can just plug one fan into the other. as long as you check the watts and amps each fan draws, and its under the rating for the 205 your are good to go:)

Back