• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need advice on mobo for amd system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JayP

I'm planning to create a new AMD system and need some advice on getting a board with onboard sound. I'm not that much of a gamer except for Age of Mythology and Warcraft type of games. I have my eyes on the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe NVIDIA nForce2 w/ Dolby Sound and an Athlon XP 1700+ Are there any better motherboards with onboard sound than the one I'm planning to get? or are intergrated boards all pretty much the same....

Last edited:
The sound on the Abit NF7-S is very good. You should check up on these boards. They're one of the best overclocking boards too :D

ive had a couple of both. the abit NF7-S is the definite winner. the asus is good, has a few extra features, but i personally hate it. its just a funky board for my setup and the voltage adjustments flat out suck on it. get the abit man. its a very nice product and its also easier to voltmod if you decide to go that route.

you may wanna give the non-ultra 400 boards a shot...soltek, gigabyte are getting good reviews...if you want quality on board audio, soundstorm has been getting good marks from people...

What about the Gigabyte GA-7VAXP or Abit NF7-S... which one could be better for overclocking if I decide to in the future? I have an old Maxtor 5Gig hard drive that I want to use until I have more money to spend on a new one. Will this work well on either of these boards or will it be slowing my system down to a crawl?

Back