• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

setting up kt7a version 1.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unreal

Registered
ok, i have a duron 800 overclocked, with 768mb of pc133 ram cas 3 mixed and a geforce 3ti-500. i have onl;y been able to overclock to 816 through the fsb, on another chip i had, i believe the same, ill have to compare, i got to 974 without a hitch, but the bois settings to run smooth for memory and other settings i would like to know what other people have changed or set... plz... thx

You can learn the basics of the KT7A - | RAID over at PAUL'S FAQ. Lot's of good information & even ABIT's FAQ links to his work. With regards to your CPU no one chip clocks like another, stepping | batch differences will affect your overclockability.

The KT133/KT133A don't like having there FSB's raised too high above spec. Remember that the PCI/AGP clocks are derived from the FSB speed. If you raise the FSB too high you'll have weird things happen and fail.
If you have an AGP graphics card disable fast writes; it is a headache on these boards. Follow Paul's guide and configure your system for max performance.

Start by increasing you CPU multiplier; you should be able to OC at least 200Mhz. Then slowly raise the FSB by no more than 10Mhz max until you find the highest stable setting.

ok ill try again to verclock, thx,, yeah ill print out his settings, and log mine b4 i have to reset cmos if i overclock to high lol... k.

Back