• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Heatsink and Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unwrittenLaw

Whats the best heatsink and fan to cool down my overclocked Barton Cpu...My sig shows what I have now, but I'd like get something better at cooling as the temps in the room are up due to summer. I have good case cooling, but I'd like to get the cpu temps down...thanks for any suggestions..

slk900 will not fit on unwrittenLaw's board... he will have to bend some caps and prolly his nb heatsink....

slk-800u/a with smartfan2 is awesome

slk-800a/u runs only 1C hotter than slk-900u btw so you're not losing much....

The SLK800 is .02 C/W better than an SK-7. This usually isn't a significant amount. Your processor is dissipating around 110W of heat, and 110* .02=2.2°C difference; nothing significant at all. The SLK900 will get you about 1°C cooler than this. IMHO, there isn't much of a point for you to upgrade to either.

it also depends what fan you put on the 800, you could get like a sf2 and put it on your sk7 and lower temps (if thats not what ou already have.)

Back