• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need BIOS Help: A7N8X(2.0) Deluxe, Barton XP2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

STONEGOLEM

Registered
Hi Friends,

I have a problem:
With default cpu core voltage(1.650) I have only 12x175 with stability. System unstables when I'm using 12.5 multiplier and/or 180 fsb. System crashes(blue screen) when I'm trying to raise cpu core voltage to 1.675/1.700

I did not change the other voltage (because I'm a newbie). And I fixed 66 Mhz for AGP from bios

I have A7N8X(2.0) Deluxe, Barton XP2500+ (with slk700+tmd fan) and 2x256 pc3200 DDR Ram(Kingston)

I'm not using extra cooling for mobo and rams.

My operating system is WinXP Home.

Please tell me how can I overclock my system better without high risk.

Thanks for your help
yours respectfully....

what power supply do you have, sounds like that's the problem, i had a 350w, now 480w antec truepower, though i've heard to set agp to 66, i don't know why, same token, i've been told to disable fastwrites(should be at bottom of advanced chipset features)

Hi,

I'm a newbie. I can't understand what is "BSOD" ?

I have an "Aopen H600 B12" case, it have a FPS 300w power supply.

Is there any way to understand that the power supply's capability ?

I have an another power supply which is an oem 450w, I believe that, it may explode :)

Hmmm... you are more experienced than me, than it will be a good decision to buy a new good power supply... :(

thanks for advice...

is it essential to add cooller to n/s bridges?

Hmmm...

The only good psu that I can find is: "Thermaltake PSU - 420 Watt" The others are either very expensive or not found here. it's price is $116

What is your thought, it this enought for my system?

yours respectfully...

Last edited:
Hi my friends,

I have bought "SkyHawk 450w PSU" I have paid $70 for it.

What do you say about it? The seller agreed with me to change it in a couple of days if I don't like the product. They have a "ThermalTake 420w PSU" and if I want, they will change it with mine for extra $10

I don't know much about PSU's, so I'm asking you.

What do you say about "SkyHawk 450w PSU"?

yours respectfully...

I have the Asus A7N8X Deluxe (v2.0; BIOS 1005) w/ the Barton 2500+ and 2x256 DDR Corsair (PC3200). I have a 420w PSU and I haven't had any stability issues. I'm guessing it's your power supply.

As far as how much you can overclock it and be stable, I currently have my FSB = 166Mhz and my multiplier = 12.5 (12.5x166 = 2GHz). I didn't change the default voltage either and haven't messed with the AGP (though I'll have to look at this). My next steps are to decrease my multiplier and increase my FSB. Even if my clock speed is the same, the larger FSB is better. I've heard of some people with the same setup getting a FSB around 190Mhz with a 12 multipler (12x190 = 2.3GHz) and if you really want to push it, you can go 12.5 x 200Mhz = 2.5GHz. Note that you will have to increase the voltage to keep it stable. Increasing the voltage isn't bad... just make sure to watch those temps.

It may help to increase the vdimm voltage and/or set the memory timings to optimal. This will give the memory some more headroom for overclocking. Once you find out your chips maximum overclock, then you can work on tightening up memory timings and voltages.

Back