• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4c800 dlx OC, stutters in BF1942

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krifosjen

Hi guys.

I want u to help me with an OC issue.

I got my p4 2.53 c1 stepping @ 3.115. 100% reliable. No chrashes in 3dmark03, mohaa or bf1942 after 4 hours of gaming,

The deal is that when playing BF1942 the game halts for 1/4 or up to almost 2 secs.

Its for the most part related to flying. etc. When im heading straight towards an opponent and pres fire or when we are very close the is occuring. And after the halt it continous as it skipped to where my plane would be after som traveling.

I could have the suspecion that its related to the sounds. But im not sure about it.

My cpu is cooled by zalman 7000 cu, and kept at 39 degr. celcius when gaming with eye candy.

Please help me

Errhhh my rig.

P4 2.53 @3.115 with Zalman 7000 Cu, Asus P4C800 Dlx, 2 x 512mb HyberX,ddr434 /3500, Tyan G9700Pro M, Antec 550w

krifosjen said:
Hi guys.

I want u to help me with an OC issue.

I got my p4 2.53 c1 stepping @ 3.115. 100% reliable. No chrashes in 3dmark03, mohaa or bf1942 after 4 hours of gaming,

The deal is that when playing BF1942 the game halts for 1/4 or up to almost 2 secs.

Its for the most part related to flying. etc. When im heading straight towards an opponent and pres fire or when we are very close the is occuring. And after the halt it continous as it skipped to where my plane would be after som traveling.

I could have the suspecion that its related to the sounds. But im not sure about it.

My cpu is cooled by zalman 7000 cu, and kept at 39 degr. celcius when gaming with eye candy.

Please help me

That sounds more like a problem with your internet connection than with your overclocking. I used to get that same thing happening even when not overclocked. If your connection is over the 200 mark you will lots of time get "lags" in other words it just sits there and then suddenly starts again from another point sometimes.

I would be flying along and start a roll or a some other manuver and all of a sudden freeze and then when it restarted I would be in the water... I vote to big a lag on the internet instead of an oc problem.

No its only when the cpu is OC. I may tend to believe its sound related with my SB live 5.1 digit.

Its NOT when cpu is not OC, could it be related to pci latency?

Also my connection is1024/256, and ping on BF1942 servers I usually play is ALWAYS 13-16. Ofcause tis is the first I look at when this issue is.

Try turning dowmn the sound settings in game. Set it to 22KHz and ssound detail to medium. That may help.

yup, my pci/agp is locked at 80/40 which seems to work best - when clocked.

I've tried all of em, exept from AUTO.

sounds like memory overclocked too high. Also like video overclocked too high.

Then again I was getting similar problems except that now stuff pauses for like 30 secs when not overclocking.

My Mob is screwed.

This is why I think is meory or video card.

When overclocking my video card memory was a huge factor. If my video card is overclocked too much it will pause for like 3-4 seconds. if it is way too high it will pause for up to 30 seconds.

Also when stuff slows down or pauses like that is a sign of bad memory or memory running too high.

In my case my motherboard seems to have dim0 ram slot dead. The others will allow me to boot to windows but PC will make big pauses of 15-60 seconds when running anything or even when just right clicking the desktop.

I tested the RAM on the PC I'm running now and is even running at 440Mhz perefctly stable.

I hope this Asus guys give me an RMA # soon so I can RMA this thing soon.

Back