• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System lockup while playing Enemy Terr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JBRONCFAN

Registered
This is the first labor intensive game I have played on my rig and after about fifteen minutes, my system locks up and I have to restart. Soyo Hardware Monitor says 47 degrees celcius which doesn't seem that bad. After one of my restarts, I went into bios and my on die temp was 58 degrees celcius. My chip is overclocked but not my vid card, which I can o'c. I can add one more rear fan, which I plan to do but in this situation, what is typically failing?

I don't hold much hope for the Soyo hardware moniter program. From looking at SiSoft Sandra the temps that Sandra show when you pull a mainboard status usually don't come close to matching the hardware mointer program. As for your shutdows, what is your CPU overtamp set for in the BIOS? Mine resets at 65c.

Maybe a new fan or 2 is in order.

Back