• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chaintech 9JCS Zenith

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Summit

Anyone know anything about the Chaintech 9JCS Zenith mobo? MaximumPC gave it rave reviews and I was thinking of purchasing one for the new computer, but I haven't heard anything about it other than that.

The biggest thing I'm concerned about is the onboard sound-- 24mbit, 7.1 channel audio, straight out of the box. How significant a difference in sound quality am I going to be getting just using the mobo over say, the cheapest, most basic audigy2 soundcard on the market?

This may be a little late to help you out but I have the 9CJS Zenith and the sound is FANTASTIC hooked up to a set of Klipsch Promedia 5.1s. Bear in mind that it does lose to the Audigy 2 on the EAX side for games but for music and DVDs it cannot be beat.

I also have the M-Audio Revilution 7.1 soundcard in another PC. The Via Envy 24PT chip is the one to beat right now.

I do a lot of digital photo and video so the CBox3 and Handigator are great.

Oh yeah, it overclocks very well too. My 2.6C is running at 3.26 with max temps at 42 centigrade (Vantec Aeroflow cooler). I went as high as 3.3GHz with no problems but chickened out and backed off to 3.26 (over 1000MHz fsb bragging rights).

Memory bandwidth is well over 5400MB/s using the Sandra benchmark. I am using 2X512 Corsair XMS.

Back