• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chaintech 9JCS Zenith

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Summit

Anyone know anything about the Chaintech 9JCS Zenith mobo? MaximumPC gave it rave reviews and I was thinking of purchasing one for the new computer, but I haven't heard anything about it other than that.

The biggest thing I'm concerned about is the onboard sound-- 24mbit, 7.1 channel audio, straight out of the box. How significant a difference in sound quality am I going to be getting just using the mobo over say, the cheapest, most basic audigy2 soundcard on the market?

I have looked at about a dozen canterwood motherboards.
I chose the Chaintech 9cjs Zenith, over all others.
I think the onboard sound will be fine, I have read about 10-15 reviews and all the reviews came back good.
When I build my new pc, I am going with the 9cjs mobo.
It has all the features I need and upgradability (SATA) I need.

I highly reccomend it, just from reading the reviews.
it has a breakout box that goes in the 5.25" drive bay with a 5-in-1 media reader, USB and firewire upfront, along with a display of the POST codes on bootup!
I really like it, it is on the pricey side, but I am going with it, I've made up my mine.
-TheComputerGuy23

I have had mine for a couple of months now and love it. It overclocks well (I am NOT an expert on OC). I am running a 2.6C P-4 at 3.26. I had it at 3.3 (with no problems so could have gone further) and it was stable and cool (42 under load) but chickened out and backed off a little. Memory bandwidth is well over 5400MB/s running Sandra. This puppy is FAST.

The CBox3 is very handy as is the Handigator if you listen to music, watch DVDs, digital photography, video, etc. It uses the Envy 24PT sound chip which gives absolutely great sound with good speakers (in 7.1 surround no less) This is the same chip that the M-Audio Revolution 7.1 uses ( I have that sound card in another PC and was one of the main reasons I bought the 9CJS).

It comes with a BUNCH of extras that more than make up for the price you pay.

I liked the 9CJS so much that I built a 7NJS Ultra Zenith with an XP2500 (running comfortably at 210 fsb, 2.31MHz) for the wife.

AMD_ME

We may differ on our experiences with Chaintech boards but we appear to agree on the M-Audio Revolution.

LUV it with a set of Klipsch Promedia 5.1s hooked up.

Back