• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chaintech 9JCS Zenith vs. soundcard...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Summit

Anyone know anything about the Chaintech 9JCS Zenith mobo? MaximumPC gave it rave reviews and I was thinking of purchasing one for the new computer, but I haven't heard any reviews other than that.

The biggest thing I'm concerned about is the onboard sound-- 24mbit, 7.1 channel audio, straight out of the box. How significant a difference in sound quality am I going to be getting the mobo's integrated sound over, say, the cheapest, most basic audigy2 soundcard on the market? (kind of on a budget... Neo-FIS2R mobo + $75 Audigy2 would be about the same price as the Chaintech mobo)

I guess I am just unfamiliar with the features and specs concerning all soundcards... if 24bit, 7.1 channel sound is relatively the same output I would get w/ the Audigy, I see no reason to get a lesser mobo just so I can take advantage of any of the Audigy2's basic bells & whistles (because after all, it's just the $75 base model).

Other than that, I guess the only thing I'm worried about is framerate for games. I am getting a Radeon 9(?)00, so I would hate for a bottleneck to be caused by integrated sound from the mobo.

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Back