• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikolasmor

Alright I'm starting to get really frustrated now, I had my system up to 215 FSB and had the multi at 5, I wrote down all my setting and the results as I went along in case something went wrong, Well I was changing my multi 1 at a time until it hit 7 and gave me the ambulance dance. I resarted with the insert button trick and reset everything the way it was before but now it won't even POST over 205? WTF Anyone have any insight?

nikolasmor said:
Alright I'm starting to get really frustrated now, I had my system up to 215 FSB and had the multi at 5, I wrote down all my setting and the results as I went along in case something went wrong, Well I was changing my multi 1 at a time until it hit 7 and gave me the ambulance dance. I resarted with the insert button trick and reset everything the way it was before but now it won't even POST over 205? WTF Anyone have any insight?

Well... Not sure this will help, but I have had the "Siren Sound of certain Death" only once :rolleyes: The problem I found was (1) The temps were to close to max. Solution? Increase your CPU TEMP warning via. the BIOS (it is summer after all ;)) (2.) My Ram timing was a bit off (not sure how it changed) but after a few qwick "tweaks" to my BIOS the problem went away, and hasn't returned :) go figure...

Soooo, it could just be a simple adjustment of your MAX TEMPERATURE readings in Your BIOS.... Orrrr it may be your ram timings are off just a bit :)

Hope that helps!

DpGravy

My CPU temps have never gone above 40 during tests(9 fans) and my memory timing are set to default, also now I've got me FSB:SDRAM set to a 5:4 ratio so the is no way my memory is making this happenas it's running less than it does stock.

I see... Well, it was just a shot in the dark, but I guess that wasn't it... I did notice you're still running BIOS rev. 1.6? If so you might give Rev. 1.7 a try. I'm pretty sure I had that issue when I was using Rev. 1.6 now that I think of it.... :rolleyes:

Just another thought, when you say your using timings of "5:4" ratio, are you referring to your FSB settings? if so you may want to try 6/6 FSB mem timings of 2,2,2,11 never know, might help, might not, but it's always worth a Go ;)

Best of luck!

DpGravy

I don't plan on running my FSB:SDRAM on 5:4 when I get the board settled, it will be a 6:6 setting but for now I'm running it this way so that I can test high buses on JUST the chipset, If I were to run a 6:6 right now I wouldn't be able to tell if it as my memory topping out or my memory.

Back