• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help needed going beyond 200fsb on k7n2 delta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cujo

my sig shows what i am running now. if i turn fsb to 202 and multi to 10 it won't post. tried fsb at 205 and 210. tried changing timings at all those settings. tried upping the voltages on ram and cpu. it just doesn't seem to want to do it. J10 is on user mode and J11 is closed. i'm pretty sure my jumpers are right. also, running bios 5.1(factory default). tried 5.2 but any oc at all and the screen would go blank after showing vid card.

any suggestions?

Your 2500 is probly what's holding you back. a jump from 166 to over 200 is pretty big FSB overclock (34Mhz).

Mine does the same. Will post at 200, but nothing higher. Plus it's unstable at 200, so I just leave it at 180-190 all the time.

You will also notice a lag at windows startup, and in several other program startups... I dont know why, but it does.

Sometimes your processor just runs better when it's not maxed out.

my startup is fast as can be. also, why would there be such a big difference between 200 and 202 to the cpu?

the j10/11 pins are just for booting the board in safe mode baically turning everything down to the lowest so you can boot. on the user mode 133/166 doesnt meant you can go over 200 its just to give a short example of what there trying to do. I have had my 2500 over 210, try lowering the multiplier on it and upping the Vcore a bit but 1.80v is not much to work with.

Why the difference??? I dunno. But what I do know is that running a FSB at 200 from the stock 166 is a HUGE jump. I'm satisfied with my speed at 180-190.

Strange that you dont see a lag at windows startup with that kind of O/C. Everyone else that I've seen has that issue. Maybe your CPU CAN go higher! It cant be the board holding it back. The K7n2's are actually great O/C'rs. I put my brothers 3000+ on my board and it went to 214 with NO PROBLEMS.

Not sure what to tell you anymore? Sorry. Maybe you should flash back to the 5.1 since you got better results with that.

i'm back at 5.0 now and still can't get higher. i have no idea what the problem is.

oh and i get windows startup lag now. it started shortly after my last post and has nothing to do with my bios change.

34 is not that big of a jump right now on my 2100+ i have a 67MHz jump. It just may be the model of your 2500+ i have hit 208 with it before and some wont do 200 just luck of the drawl i guess same goes with T-Breds.

Back