• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S v. 2 and dysfunctional multipliers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikoto

Registered
NF7-S V. 2 and xp1700+ DLT3C 0310

I cannot use the multipliers 9-10.5. Thus my OC is limited to 210x11 at this time, but my OCZ PC3500 will do at least 227. (8.5x227 stable). I think I can push the chip itself a little farther safely but without those multipliers I am going to be limited.

Does anyone have any advice for gaining access to those multipliers that does not require a hard-mod? i.e BIOS tweaks or specific BIOS versions. I am using the latest BIOS version, updated with Abit's new windows based BIOS flasher. (pretty slick).

If it HAS to be a hard mod I will consider it but I don't have any experience with those types of things and am a little uncomfortable with it as this chip has been my best OC'er to date.

Mine seemed to work fine on those...but I will check again when I get home. I have the stock BIOS (I think is 14...) becuase My fdd is messed up...gonna try a different one tonight for a BIOS flash..

Fold and Frag on
Brian

'Enable' "CPU interface" on the same screen as the FSB and multiplier adjustments.

Thanks for the replies. I have tried the "cpu interface " thing. That didn't work out.

I thought I'd mention though, that I did find some tips here: http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?threadid=10640 , under "Bios Tips" that helped.

Also in that section are a couple more Bios tweaking bits that I applied as well. They didn't give me the multipliers I wanted but did allow for stable operation at higher FSB and resulting clock frequencies.

I am now running my 0310 DUTC3 xp1700+ at 217x11 @ 1.8V, 45C load on air, which I am happy with.

I'd still like to try with 10.5 because after three days of burn-in I can get my RAM to 227, but am getting sick of resetting CMOS ;).

Thanks again.

Thanks Twister.

Actuall, I get the big "do not power down, blah,blah..." message then nothing. No post, no siren, no nothing. Just a black screen. So..no opportunity to hit delete again...

Thanks for the attempt though. I am going to keep sifting through forums and I have emailed Abit support about it. if I come up with anything, like hopefully a future BIOS fix, I'll post here.

In the mean time, if anyone has any more ideas...

Thanks

Back