• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lan died on NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Byrus

Registered
Anyone else have there lan to stop recognizing the cable hooked up, even when it is.

I can't even use mine. Says a network cable is disconnected or the hardware is disconnected. I don't know if I should rma it or not, kinda afraid something else will go bad now.

I did one better, I reinstalled WinXp and still no luck.

RMA should be your last option, as the board you'll get will be from a refurbished board, ie used, RMAed to Abit because of a problem, fixed, and passed on to someone else. I'd rather get a $5 network card.

Since the network controller is in the southbridge, it may be worth putting a heatsink on there and see if that helps. Use thermal tape so you can remove it if the problem presists. The southbrige can get over 65 celcius, see here .

Yes I did try reinstalling nforce drivers, but nothing seems to work.
I guess I'll just use my pci ethernet card instead.

I have had the problem with it were I am sharing my friends internet connection - if he restarts and comes back, I cant use the internet no more, I have to then restart - doesnt happen with the network card.

Back