• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need links on how to make my own waterchiller from minifridge.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

Well, i havent tried the search button yet but i am expecting to find many that finished theirs and are bragging about it, nothing really helpfull...

Now i know how i would do it if i were to stick my current radiator inside the fridge and have the water chilled that way, but i am asking if there is a more efficient way to do it...

If you got links, fire away!

I can't give you a step by step but I have been doing research on this for quite a while because I am thinking of doing it as well. Anyways just do what I did and do a search on google for "how does a refrigerator work" and learn about that. After that take apart the mini fridge and find out whats what. Then all you have to do is stick the evaporator in your reservoir and keep the compressor end (part that gets hot), nice and cool with fans or heatsinks. You may need to mod the mini fridge to get the the evaporator (part that gets cold) to fit into the reservoir. Also don't forget to get information on insulating your motherboard and processor because when you chill water it causes condensation which can kill your system. Wish you luck and keep me posted on how it works out.

ohh yeah forgot to mention that sometimes the thermostat switches off the refrigerator when it gets too cold. You may need to take the thermostat out of the loop or find a way to mod it so that it will shutoff when your reservoir is at the temperature you want to keep it at.

Back