• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo woes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wonderboy

My mobo recently dies on me but before i replaced it i wanted to make sure i had found the problem. I was getting really low readings on my 3.3v line and instead of correcting the problem i ignored it. Now when i turn it on the computer gives me a cpu test failed message. i have tested my cpu(1.9) in another computer and tried another cpu(2.0) in mine. My cpu(1.9) is still working fine however the other cpu(2.0) had the same problems as mine did. So would running the 3.3v line low kill the mobo? I am running a 420w ps with 4 hd's and 2 disk drives. I was going to go ahead and get a 550w antec to correct the problem along with a new mobo. Any help in determining the problem would be greatly appreciated. (btw my ps is a cheap off-brand unit perhaps if i were to buy a good one the voltages would be better and more true to their designed voltages.)

Wonderboy`

Back