• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem (kinda) with NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikolasmor

Kinda weird actually I'm testing my Version 2 for overclocking stability and I went to lower the FSB:DRAM ratio because I only want to find the max FSB my Chipset can handle without the memory interfering and it won't even POST with any of the 6:x setting except 6:6, all the 5:x 4:x work fine though, anyone else had this happen, any possible reasons?

I'm currently testing mine at 6:5. cpu is set at 202x9.5. XP1800+ posted and running prime95 ~20 no problems so far. Memtest86+ test #5 passed without error. This appears to be the only test that generates errors if my ram can't handle the settings.

wow, when i replied i didn't even realize how long ago that post was made. I'm curious though about performance. I read a few threads on here stating there would be a huge performance loss. However I found a site on google search, I wish I had bookmarked it, that showed running the ram at a lower fsb than the cpu actually increases the rams bandwidth a decent amount. I don't know if I'll ever be able to find that site again. They did through testing with the nf7-s I think it was.

Back