• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a new mobo- Don't know what's out- what do you have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mmcshmi11

I am thinking about upgrading my motherboard and have no idea what to get because I haven't read anything about them in quite a long time.

I was wondering what are you guys using right now and what kind of overclock is it getting. I am looking for something that will take my 1.8a to the next level :p

mmcshmi11 said:
I am thinking about upgrading my motherboard and have no idea what to get because I haven't read anything about them in quite a long time.

I was wondering what are you guys using right now and what kind of overclock is it getting. I am looking for something that will take my 1.8a to the next level :p

What do you have now? The best motherboards right now are the Abit IC7, the Asus P4P800 and the P4C800-E. and its not 100% known if they will support prescotts yet, but if you wait a month (according to the article on the main page) we might know then. I would wait a month and upgrade the processor at the same time, it probably won't do you much good just to upgrade the MB.

Thank you for your reply. I was looking around and the p4c800 looked yummy to me. I was wanted a new mobo because I want to get a better overclock the one i have now isn't as good......

mmcshmi11 said:
Thank you for your reply. I was looking around and the p4c800 looked yummy to me. I was wanted a new mobo because I want to get a better overclock the one i have now isn't as good......

if you go for the p4c800, I would get the E version. Its supposedly slightly faster, has better RAID and ethernet than the one I got, the P4c800-deluxe. I got mine because I don't care about RAID and it was a refurb that saved me lots of $$.

The E version is only deluxe right? It does look very good but is pretty expensive.

IMO, if you're looking for upgradability to Prescott, wait til at least this Friday. There should be a flow of reviews of the ABIT IC7 MAX3 which is supposed to guarantee support for Prescott.

Back