• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NB Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

Iv been seeing some things about the TT tiger 1, is that cooling going to be significantly better than the stock cooling on a GA-8knxp board?

Theoretically, yes, it'll cool down that NB quite nicely. I wouldn't bother unless you're really going for that FSB speed you can't seem to obtain.

the only reason to ultra cool the NB is if you are held back by its temps in comparison to your oc....there is really no gain if you are not held back by it....altho...you may not realize thats whats holding you back....so by all means go for it...altho...i dont kno if u need to buy a heatsink for it.

What works great is a stock heatsink from an athlon...(common..we all have one laying around)....with some arctic adhesive...it should work great...or maybe AS3 with a dab of superglue in the corner.

i decided to go overboard and get the one on sidewindercomputers.com
common..we all have one laying around)....
this is my first computer, i have no parts lying around :eek:
EDIT: first home built computer....:)

Back