• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsink problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kazr

Registered
I put an SLK-800u with a Smart Fan II on my AMD 2000+, and everything was working great. My idle temperatures where around 37 degrees, and at load I never went above 42. I took my computer somewhere this weekend, and now I have noticed that my temperatures get up to 47 on load, are around 40 idle, and yesterday even got up to 50 (it was a very hot day).

I have Arctic Silver III as my thermal paste.
Should I reseat my heatsink and re-apply the AS3 or what?

Yeah, if the ambient temps were the same, and your load temps were higher then normal, then it must of got misseated. You will just have to redo it. Make sure the bolts are down really good, had they been this shouldnt of happened. And if you take it somewhere again, make sure you lay the pc on its side to prevent it.

I'd reseat it. I ran into the same problem because my bolts were not tight enough. I did reseated it and applied my AS3 again. Got my temps down a bunch doing this.

Back